Tuesday 6 March 2012

Wave (Exit Strategies II)

Kort en krachtig (want reeds uitvoerig beschreven hier en hier)

Deel 2 van het videopoem-chapbook 'Exit Strategies (A bloodletting)' op basis van 'Exit Strategies' door David Tomaloff.

Exit strategies II

{II} Maybe the trees will take us for granted. Maybe they already have. Maybe we will
grow up to do the same, you and I. Or maybe we will dive into the lake, together, and
never come up. Maybe the summer will forget our names. Maybe it already has. Maybe
we will lose ourselves in the fall and do the same, you and I. Or maybe we will splinter
across the canyon, together, and become a fine dust. I already blame the Staghorn Cholla.
I already blame the wild Vesper Sparrows. The saints of Phoenix have come here calling
for us again. I am radiant with things I will never understand, and you, you are charged
with the same. We are always, and always the same, you and I. We are drawing now
nearer to the edge of the forest. Maybe the wolves will forget what they have seen here. Or
maybe they will use it against us. Maybe we will return with our weapons, together, and
do the same, you and I. Maybe we will become the bullets that splinter apart their bones in
the names of men. WE WILL REMOVE THE ONCE SHARP TEETH, YOU AND I,
AND LEAVE OUR FORMER NAMES AS VESTIGES IN THEIR PLACE.

Wave (Exit Strategies II)



Woorden en stem: David Tomaloff
Camera: Lauren Lightbody (uit haar  'Frightened Pigs') & Swoon
Concept, montage, muziek: Swoon

No comments:

Post a Comment